by admin on 06 Jun, 2015
Your visit to our website is the beginning to finding your ideal nanny, and you are already on the right track! Here, we provide you with all the information and benefits of using our services.
STEP 1: YOUR APPLICATION & CONSULTATION
Should you decide to work with us, and we hope you will, you’ll need to complete an application prior to our consultation. Doing so allows you to examine your needs and describe your ideal nanny. During our consultation, a “job description” is developed, and you are provided with useful information and advice to help you with your nanny search. Working with The Nanny Network will take the guesswork out of finding a nanny and relieve you of a lot of unnecessary effort. A non-refundable application fee of $350 is collected at the time of the welcome call.
STEP 2: THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Interested candidates are referred to you by way of your online client dashboard. You will receive an email notification about the referral with a link to the candidate’s application, which includes references and a questionnaire. You then contact the nanny through your dashboard for phone screening and to schedule a personal interview. We recommend meeting the nanny alone before introducing your children so you can complete the “business” portion of the interview without distraction. Then, for the strongest candidates, we suggest a working interview to see the nanny interact with your children.
A NOTE ON NANNY SALARIES & BENEFITS
Compensation packages vary from family to family. We’ll be happy to help you through this process, but in the meantime, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Salaries range between $18 and $25 per hour, pre-tax, and are negotiated between you and your nanny.
- Many families will enlist the help of a payroll service to take the guesswork out of paying their nanny – we can refer you to such a service upon request.
- Although the average family does not provide full health-care benefits, many contribute toward this expense for full-time nannies.
- It is customary to allow for vacation pay, holidays, and sick or personal days (“PTO”).
- We have compiled a list of additional resources on other topics related to hiring a nanny.
- Find out more about the fees associated with our service on the Frequently Asked Questions page.