Caregiver Requirements and Screening Process
by admin on 06 Jun, 2015
Any nanny that is placed through The Nanny Network must complete our rigorous 7-step vetting process. This process includes strict minimum requirements along with a personal interview and reference verification. Our vetting process is an important distinction between our service and other current online child care job sites and “apps”.
OUR 7-STEP SCREENING PROCESS
- Child Care Experience Requirements. Child care providers who are placed through The Nanny Network must have at least 2 years of recent professional child care experience and a minimum of 2 non-relative references.
- Comprehensive Application: Nannies are required to complete an extensive application and questionnaire.
- Online Pre-Screen: Once a nanny completes an application and appears to meet our minimum requirements, an online “pre-screen” is done (including the National Sex Offender Registry, Google Search, etc.)
- Personal Interview: The Nanny Network conducts a personal face-to-face interview with all nanny candidates. Because of our many years of experience in interviewing and placing nannies, we are often able to spot red flags.
- References Personally Verified: References are personally verified by The Nanny Network which are then provided to you at the time of referral.
- Thorough Background Check: Nannies are hired conditionally, pending the outcome of a background investigation. We recommend delaying the nanny’s first day of employment until the background check has been completed. We work with a private investigating service to conduct, at a minimum, a thorough search of each nanny’s criminal conviction record in counties where the nanny has resided for the past seven years. This includes verification of the nanny’s social security number and an address trace. However, our concierge-level service includes more extensive screening options, including a driving record and a drug test (which are also available for classic-level clients a la carte).
- Agency Training/Orientation