by admin on 06 Jun, 2015
With more than 25 years of experience, The Nanny Network has developed a proven system of recruiting, screening and placing nannies with families in the Baltimore and Washington, DC metropolitan areas. Countless families have utilized our services to find both permanent and temporary nannies, and the number of nannies that return to us after their jobs end to find a new opportunity speaks to our successful track record in pairing nannies and families together.
- Full-time live-out nannies
- Part-time live-out nannies
- Temporary nannies (including emergency back-up care and babysitters) – available for one day to three months or more
- Online homeschool support via our new School @ Home program (ages 6+)
- Group child care (for special events, weddings, conferences, etc.)
- Shared care (involving one nanny and two families)
- Family Assistants (child care professionals who assist with family laundry, family meals, and general household organization)
- Household assistants (full-time, part-time and temporary) through our sister agency, Sidekick!
For families beginning their nanny search, we suggest planning for the search to take approximately 3 to 6 weeks (except for temporary placements, which can often times be arranged with 24-48 hours notice).
The Nanny Network also offers a background check service for those parents who successfully hire a nanny on their own, but would like the reassurance of a background check. Parents can choose from a menu of background screening options including social security number verification, address trace, criminal background check in any county that the nanny has lived in for the last seven years, driving record, and drug test. Call for rates!
The Nanny Network has several advantages over a traditional online listing service:
|Benefits and Services||The Nanny Network, LLC||Online Listing Service|
|Pre-screened Candidates (in-depth interviews, reference checks, job history, criminal background check)||Yes||No|
|Personal, Professional Service (detailed needs assessment, interview scheduling)||Yes||No|
|Time-efficient/No weeding out necessary||Yes||No|
|Full Suite of Background Checks||Yes||Some|
|Trustworthy, Experienced Agency (long-standing members of APNA and INA)||Yes||No|
|Track Record/History within the Community (founded in 1995)||Yes||No|
|Local Knowledge and Placement Expertise||Yes||No|
|Household Employment Guidance (financial, tax, legal, benefits, Nanny Family Agreement, etc.)||Yes||Some|
|Ongoing Support (temp services and continual advisement given our extensive understanding of our clients’ family dynamics)||Yes||No|
We have compiled a list of additional resources on other topics related to hiring a nanny.