Back-up Child Care
by Dulany Dent on 05 Apr, 2017
The Nanny Network offers an in-home back-up child care service for families living in the Baltimore, MD and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas who need child care when they’re in a pinch, typically when:
- Their children are mildly sick and cannot attend day care or school
- Their regular caregiver is sick or otherwise unavailable
- Their child(ren)’s day care or school is closed for vacations, holidays, parent-teacher conferences, professional development days, etc.
WHEN CAN PARENTS CALL?
Our staff is available Monday-Thursday from 7:00 am-9:00 pm and Fridays from 7:00 am-6:00 pm. We also are available to receive requests on Saturdays from 10:00 am-2:00 pm and Sundays from 5:00 pm-9:00 pm.
HOW DO PARENTS SUBMIT A REQUEST?
The Nanny Network can typically locate a caregiver within an hour or two; however, the more notice we are given, the greater the chance for a successful placement. Generally, twenty-four hours’ advance notice is sufficient.
ARRANGING FOR CHILD CARE
Parents can submit a request for a caregiver whenever the need is discovered, even at the last minute! In order to receive immediate service, parents must do the following in advance:
- Complete an online application
- Review any questions or concerns related to the application with a TNN staff member
- Sign and return our service agreement
THE CAREGIVERS’ PAY
The caregivers should be paid directly by the parents (as their temporary household employee), at the end of service. Back-up caregivers in Baltimore typically make between $15-20 per hour while caregivers in the Washington, DC area typically make $16-22 per hour. Clients are asked to provide an hourly rate range that they are comfortable with at the time of booking. The Nanny Network staffing team will book a caregiver with the right skill set and required hourly rate for each and every request!