Back-Up Child Care
by admin on 06 Jun, 2015
The Nanny Network offers an in-home back-up child care service to support busy parents in the Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC and Northern Virginia areas when they find themselves in a pinch, typically, when:
- Your regular caregiver is sick or otherwise unavailable
- Your child(ren)’s day care or school is closed for vacations, holidays, parent-teacher conferences, professional development days, etc.
Our sitters are also available to care for your child(ren) for:
- A date night
- Special events (weddings, conferences, special events)
Our staff is available Monday-Thursday from 7:00 am-10:30 pm and Fridays from 7:00 am – 9:00 pm. We also are available to receive requests on Saturdays from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Sundays from 9:00 am-9:00 pm. Requests for care can be made using our online book care form.
The Nanny Network can typically arrange for a caregiver to arrive at your home within an hour or two of receiving your request, however, we cannot guarantee placement. Generally, twenty-four hours advance notice is sufficient.
ARRANGING FOR BACK-UP CHILDCARE
Please complete the book care form online whenever you discover you need a sitter, even at the last minute! In order to receive immediate service, you must complete the following, in advance:
- An online application, available here.
- Review any questions or concerns related to your application with a TNN staff member.
- Sign and return our service agreement
As of January 1, 2022, our base hourly rate is $31.75 per hour (for 1-2 children).
THE CAREGIVER’S PAY
The Nanny Network’s caregivers are W-2 employees of the Nanny Network; therefore all payroll, payroll taxes, workers comp, benefits and liability insurance will be covered by the agency.
CORPORATE IN-HOME BACK-UP CARE
The Nanny Network also works with companies in the region that wish to provide back-up child care support to their employees as an employee benefit. Rates vary based on the scope and scale of your company’s needs. Please call or email us for additional information.